– Give me an example from your current job, or a past one, where you had to overcome obstacles or difficulties in meeting your objectives.
The most recent example I could give you is when I have a project that is due and my laptop crashed. It took an entire day to recover all my files and thankfully the technician who did work on my laptop was a good one. Thereby letting me met my deadline.
– What were the worst problems you faced in your previous jobs? How did you handle them at the time? Would you handle them differently today? How?
The worst problem for me that I have encountered during my course of work employment in oDesk is not being able to find enough information on certain topics that I am researching. Example would be when I was hired to research contacts on certain companies, it is data mining at its finest but unfortunately for me the companies assigned to me were not yet online and most information that is available is second hand.
If it happened today, I wouldn’t have that same problem as those companies have gone online already.
– What have been your greatest work and non-work achievements?
Greatest work achievement is having my writing jobs commended by my clients. And non work related achievement, becoming a mother to two beautiful human beings.
– Give me an example of a job where you had to learn and use new skills? How did you go about it?
I have not been nor hired into a job that I have no idea what I am doing. As a contractor I do not specifically apply nor accept job invites on jobs that I don’t know how to do. It does limit me but it will not give me any negative feedback. If in the course of an employment and a client will ask me to do something that I don’t know, the world wide web is big enough to provide information on anything and everything and I’m sure I can find one individual knowledgeable enough to provide me with information and details on how to do that certain job.
– Tell me about a time when you had to think outside the box?
I like to cross my t’s and dots my I’s and so far I really haven’t been into a situation significant enough to think outside the box.
– Tell me about the most difficult topic you had to write about?
It is not a topic per se that gives me a head ache the last time I had a client but writing for a specific group of people. Writing for certain demographics requires a different set of words and phrases, expressions and exclamations.
– Let’s say one of your tasks is to write a 2,000 words article about some topic. How will you approach this? What will be the first step that you’ll take? What would be the second? What would be the other steps that you’ll take?
1. General research
2. Topic outline
3. Extensive research (involves note taking, graphics, graphs etc)
4. Write up
5. Sources (bibliography)
Protecting my rights. Created: November-27-12, 1:13:59 AM for a client.